Well, this really isn't how I envisioned my transition to Bangladesh. In the last four days, I moved my flights back due to visa problems, my loving grandfather ("Boppy") died, and I probably have to change my flights back again. Despite express mailing an express mail envelope in an express mail envelope, the U.S. Postal Service didn't get my passport and visa to me by noon like it was guaranteed. I'm praying to get it tomorrow morning.
The great thing about having to move my flights the first time was getting to spend lots of time with Boppy and my family. He was at the ripe age of 92, setting the bar quite high for us grand kids! It was definitely his time and his death was very peaceful. He and I had an intimate conversation and I got to take care of him at the hospital and hospice. God's timing with my original visa problems proved to be greater than my plans!
Wish me luck!
The greatest difficulty about leaving later is preparing for school. It's my first year teaching, and the first days of school are the most important of the year. School starts Monday, August 9th. I feel like at some point the quality of teaching lowers without getting to prep your classroom, road mapping for the year, and planning for the week. Luckily, I can view my (British) curriculum online. Wonderfully, the staff at first school has been working on my classroom! The teacher I'm replacing and the teacher next door to me (both my age and friends already) have set up new furniture and labeled my students' books! I'm headed towards awesome people.
Please pray for my visa situation. If I don't get it early on Sunday, I will have to change my flights quickly (24 hrs before take off).
Thanks friends!
XOXO
Keeping you in my prayers. God has good timing and I'm sure He will show His caring/protection side to you so much. Love you friend.
ReplyDelete