Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So Close, Yet So Far Away

Crazy news- I'm not leaving Thursday, July 29th, as planned. Unfortunately, some visa issues came up, so I had to change my flights. I'm departing Monday, August 2nd at 10:30am with the same exact itinerary! I express mailed my visa this morning, but there is the possibility of having to push back my flights yet again. Through all the scrambling, stressing, and praying, a verse has been awesome:

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. -1 Corinthians 9:19

Prayer Needed
Please
pray for my visa to get approved and back in my hands by Saturday. Also, please pray for my first days in Bangladesh. I'll be arriving in Dhaka four days before school starts. It's my first year teaching, and the first days of school are the most important of the year. I'll get to do planning before I leave and on the plane, but I won't set eyes on supplies until I get to school. Also, my grandpa, Pete (or "Boppy"), is dying. He passed out this evening and went to the hospital. His blood pressure is very low and heart rate is very high. When asked about what he wanted to do, he asked, "What's going to make me die faster?" I'm hoping Boppy lets peace enter his heart from the Holy Spirit and he's made comfortable.

On the brighter side of things, here are pictures of my future apartment building and school, and I found out my address:
Krista Schroeder
c/o Grace International School
House 78(B), Road 23,
Gulshan 1, Dhaka 12 12
Bangladesh

Peace and blessings, peace and blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment