Saturday, December 18, 2010

Colorado Christmas

After 39 hours of travel, I'm home for Christmas! The break from school and Dhaka is much needed. It's soooo good to be around my family again after 4 and a half months. It's also weird being back in a way- like I'll wake up from the reality I've gotten used to. Wonderfully, Dad, the boys, Drew and Chase (godson) picked me up from DIA yesterday afternoon with big, neon signs reading, "Stonewall Butterpants", "Welcome back to 'Merica!" and "Mrs. Bouschibottom". First observations: DANG Karl's tall! DOUBLE DANG Ev's got facial hair (that's red?)!

My travels went well- felt quick! I flew from Dhaka (where my favorite driver, Mujibur, dropped me off) to United Arab Emirates (the airport is like a spacestation) to LAX (where I wore the red dot to see what people's reactions would be). On my 16.5 hour flight, I had an empty seat next to me and a really nice man from Kuwait in the window seat (a Kuwaitian? Kuwaiti?). We had epic conversations and he let me curl up in the empty seat between us. I helped him with the non-resident paperwork and we spoke about how funny British and American accents are. He was "confused about why you live in Bangladesh, so far away from home" and a great conversation came out of that.

Seeing the pets and Mom's in-construction-kitchen have been nice little things. Also on the list of nice little things: not having black boogers, not worrying about swallowing shower water, calling Nick and it's not the opposite time of day.

Anyhoodle, the house is starting to stir, so I'm going to go enjoy!
Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment